Thursday, November 1, 2012

Designing Ships

The last few months I have been designing space ships for potential use in a short film. Out of all the designs I have made these are the 3 which I am developing further. Hopefully with some more design work and planning these shapes will turn in to one fully developed 3D model. As most of my sketches I do I like to start with shapes and build upon them. Each ship will have its own unique aspect of how it moves and acts.



The first two rows of ships are pretty straight forward; solid, sleek and un-transforming. The third, however, will take on the aspects of a solar sail when unfolded (I'm still working on how that will look), it will look like a a mix between a blooming flower, spanish galleon, and a real solar sail.  

Texture wise I would love to combine styles form two artists of whom are both legends in their field; Zdzisław Beksiński and H.R. Giger. But that is a design I will most likely finish near the end of my concept phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment